- Position Title: Diesel Mechanic
- Company Name: The Great Lakes Towing Company
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Operations
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Entry Level: No Min.
- Education: HS Diploma
- Location: Corporate Office, Cleveland, Ohio
- Min. Experience: 3-5 years
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance and repair of diesel tugs stationed in the ports of Cleveland and Ashtabula, and other ports as may be required;
- Answers alarms, and periodic security checks;
- Provides assistance to out-ports as assigned;
- Maintains a safe and hazard-free environment on all tugs and surrounding property, and immediately reports any accidents or incidents causing personal injury;
- Maintains proper storage and containment of all lube oils and drums;
- Performs Engineer or Deckhand duties for Harbor and Outside Towing as needed;
- Conforms to all Company and Government regulations, including all environmental and safety regulations, including the Company’s Responsible Carrier Program Manual.
- Coordinates with the Fleet Captain and Fleet Engineer to ensure operational readiness of tugs;
Skills & Requirements
- 3-5 years hands-on experience on diesel engines preferred
- Familiarity with parts and components of engines, as well as the tools to fix them
- Ability to look at engine components, identify problems, and formulate possible solutions
- High School Diploma
- Must have own transportation
Upload cover letter and resume with salary requirements here:
Apply by Mail
Submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
The Great Lakes Towing Company
4500 Division Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, vacation time, sick time, and company paid holidays.
Candidates must be able to pass background check and have E-verify authorization.
The Great Lakes Group is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; M/F/V/D.