The position requires the ability to install, maintain and repair electrical systems and equipment on board ships. Must perform marine facility and production electrical projects while ensuring the safety of all personnel and perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others.
Position Requirements Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to clearly read and interpret technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and facility maps to ensure installation and operations conform to CFR and Regulatory standards such as ABS, CFR’S, Loyds, IEEE45;
- Able to install and repair motor controllers, motors, alarm systems, navigation equipment and other marine related components;
- Troubleshoot electrical equipment and circuits using appropriate test equipment to detect and effect required maintenance, repairs, or replacement requirements;
- Conducts insulation resistance measurements of electrical cables to determine condition and effects repairs or replacements as required;
- Maintain and repair electrical power generating and distribution systems; voltage regulators engine governors, and equipment; machinery monitoring and remote control systems; power, control and display systems of shipboard equipment and DC propulsion generators, motors and control circuits.
Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 10 years of experience in electrical and electromechanical systems maintenance and repair on marine electrical systems;
- Considerable knowledge of marine electrical systems and required maintenance and repair needs;
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, techniques, and practices involved in the installation, maintenance, repair and alteration of marine electrical and electro-mechanical systems;
- Skill in the detection, diagnoses, maintenance and repair of marine electrical systems;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing complex marine electrical systems problems.
Minimum Work Environment Requirements:
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to current or daily job duties
- Be fit for a respirator
- Carry up to 50 pounds
- Constantly climb stairs and ladders on daily basis
- Access confined spaces
- Bend, twist, kneel, and reach constantly
- Endure noise, fumes, dust and inclement weather
- Work overtime and weekends as needed to meet production demands
Upload cover letter and resume with salary requirements here:
Apply by Mail
Submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
The Great Lakes Towing Company
4500 Division Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102
Candidates must be able to pass background check and have E-verify authorization.
The Great Lakes Group is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; M/F/V/D.