Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a mechanic in a shipyard environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs major and specialized mechanical overhaul and repair work on diesel and marine engines, and related marine equipment and systems using schematic charts and technical manuals;
- Installs and rebuilds pumps, compressors, clutches and gear boxes;
- Tests marine engines and equipment to determine need for repairs or adjustments;
- Repairs and maintains hydraulic equipment and valves;
- Installs and aligns shafting, pumps, engines, rudders and steering gears;
- Removes and installs propellers, bearings and shafting.
Upload cover letter and resume with salary requirements here:
Apply by Mail
Submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
The Great Lakes Towing Company
4500 Division Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, vacation time, sick time, and company paid holidays.
Candidates must be able to pass background check and have E-verify authorization.
The Great Lakes Group is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; M/F/V/D.