Responsible for effective implementation, improvement and management of all shipyard Quality programs, policies and procedures.
Position Requirements Duties & Responsibilities
General QA/QC Requirements
- Develops and maintains key metrics, control systems and recordkeeping criteria for all quality testing, procedures and protocols;
- Maintains library of applicable quality reference materials, including all training certificates and welders’ qualification certification of shipyard employees and other qualifications;
- Reviews applicable contractual requirements (technical standard, specifications, etc.);
- Defines and reviews QA/QC files and develops and assigns inspection techniques, documentation, and milestones in association with the relevant project manager;
- Executes or supervises inspections according to QA/QC plan and the established inspection procedures/techniques;
- Ensures vessels are built in accordance with contract and regulatory standards and maintains documentation of compliance.
- Coordinates with customers and regulating bodies to obtain approvals as required during construction;
Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and other project management software is required.
- Completion of four years of college level course work equivalent to a B.S. in production management or engineering and extensive experience managing multiple areas within a manufacturing facility combined with considerable supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which results in the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Marine experience is desirable.
Minimum Work Environment Requirements
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to current or daily job duties
- Be fit for a respirator
- Carry up to 50 pounds
- Constantly climb stairs and ladders on daily basis
- Bend, twist, kneel and reach constantly
- Endure noise, fumes, dust and inclement weather
- Any additional duties as required by management.
- The first ninety (90) days of employment will be an introductory period including on-the-job training. Successful completion of the introductory period is required for continued “at-will” employment.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, vacation time, sick time and company paid holidays.
Upload cover letter and resume with salary requirements here:
Apply by Mail
Submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
The Great Lakes Towing Company
4500 Division Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102
Candidates must be able to pass background check and have E-verify authorization.
The Great Lakes Group is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; M/F/V/D.