Responsible for general labor and support in the shipyard.
Position Requirements Duties & Responsibilities
- Loads vehicles, using handtruck or dolly
- Washes trucks and other vehicles
- Cleans ships, piers, drydocks, and other working areas, using broom and water hose
- Opens shipping crates, using hammer and pinchbar
- Sorts lumber, metals, and other scrap materials
- Mixes and pours cement on inner bottoms of ships and around joints on decks to prepare
- Surfaces for tile or to make joints watertight
- Removes paint and scale from ships’ metal surfaces, using hand or powered wire brushes
- Conveys materials and tools to work site
Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Work Environment Requirements
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to current or daily job duties
- Be fit for a respirator
- Carry up to 50 pounds
- Constantly climb stairs and ladders on daily basis
- Access confined spaces
- Bend, twist, kneel, and reach constantly
- Endure noise, fumes, dust and inclement weather
- Work overtime and weekends as needed to meet production demands
- Any additional duties as required by management.
- The first ninety (90) days of employment will be an introductory period including on-the-job training. Successful completion of the introductory period is required for continued “at-will” employment.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, vacation time, sick time and company paid holidays.
Upload cover letter and resume with salary requirements here:
Apply by Mail
Submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
The Great Lakes Towing Company
4500 Division Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102
Candidates must be able to pass background check and have E-verify authorization.
The Great Lakes Group is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; M/F/V/D.