The Tool Room Attendant receives, records, and issues tools, equipment and implements and is responsible for maintaining records of tools, equipment, and implements issued and returned manually or by using the computer.
Position Requirements Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining tools and equipment within tool room crib.
- Responsible for identification, presetting, and delivery of all tools and equipment for jobs prior to start times.
- Responsible for accurately identifying, assembling, and delivery of all tools for jobs.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of tool replenishment system.
- Responsible for accurate inventory and tool distribution records.
- Responsible for keeping tool room area and perimeter clean.
- Responsible for assisting the shop production as needed.
Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Must have a strong knowledge of tools and tooling as it relates to the Shipyard.
- Able to prioritize tooling needs for multiple jobs.
- Able to use computer and associated hardware to identify and track necessary tools and fixtures.
- Returns all tools to proper locations.
- Keeps tool room neat and orderly.
- Responsible for accurate inventory of tools in a secure access tool crib.
- Complies with appropriate company and machine safety policies and procedures.
- Has good communication skills and is able to handle multiple interruptions.
- Receives, understands and follows all written and oral instruction.
- Resolves day-to-day issues by working effectively with others.
- Completes other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be certified to drive a tow motor.
Minimum Work Environment Requirements
- Wear assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to job duties.
- Be fit for a respirator.
- Carry up to 50 pounds.
- Repetitive climbing stairs and ladders on daily basis.
- Access confined spaces.
- Repetitive stooping, bending, twisting, kneeling, laying, crouching, reaching and crawling.
- Work outdoors year-round.
- Coordinate eye-hand movement.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects.
- Work overtime and weekends as needed to meet production demands.
- Any additional duties as required by management.
- The first ninety (90) days of employment will be an introductory period including on-the-job training. Successful completion of the introductory period is required for continued “at-will” employment.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, vacation time, sick time and company paid holidays.
Upload cover letter and resume with salary requirements here:
Apply by Mail
Submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
The Great Lakes Towing Company
4500 Division Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102
Candidates must be able to pass background check and have E-verify authorization.
The Great Lakes Group is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; M/F/V/D.