The Assistant Controller shall be primarily responsible for providing the Controller and CFO with assistance on all financial-related tasks required for the efficient operation of the organization.
- Prepare and consolidate detailed financial statements;
- Previous public accounting experience a plus but not required;
- Establish and maintain internal controls;
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger;
- Provide monthly, quarterly and year-end analyses;
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Analyze and report cost variances;
- Serve as a liaison to external auditors;
- Assist with the coordination of financial audits;
- Direct experience with and assist with payroll processing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed asset transactions;
- Attend periodic progress meetings for new ship construction projects and other major projects;
- Provide input for the development of estimates, progress reporting, and cost control management for new ship construction projects, commercial ship repair contracts, and routine fleet maintenance and repairs;
- Maintain an open communication path and coordinate with shipyard, engineering, project management, and purchasing departments;
- Complete special projects as may be assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 3+ years in a similar role. CPA and cost accounting experience preferred. Must have supervisory experience. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience strongly preferred. Excellent critical thinking skills, attention to detail, strong work ethic and the ability to learn quickly are musts.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, vacation time, sick time and company paid holidays.
Upload cover letter and resume with salary requirements here:
Apply by Mail
Submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
The Great Lakes Towing Company
4500 Division Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102
Candidates must be able to pass background check and have E-verify authorization.
The Great Lakes Group is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; M/F/V/D.