The Purchasing Assistant (PA) is responsible for the procurement of all materials, equipment and subcontractors required for the successful support of the Company and its various lines of business, including in-house and commercial vessel ship maintenance and repair, tugboat operations and new construction.
- Maintain accurate purchasing documentation using Company purchasing software to include entry of purchase order (PO) documenting/recording follow-up, maintaining accurate estimated delivery dates, expediting delivery, annotation of receipts, and attaching documentation to purchase order file.
- Negotiate subcontracts and purchase equipment and systems in accordance with vessel specifications and other requirements for new construction and repair.
- Receive material and verify material received and ensure it corresponds to the material specifications of the PO.
- Coordinate the purchase of office supplies and office equipment.
- Assist with acquiring quotations and item specifications for the development of job estimates and development of Master Equipment Lists for commercial repair and new construction jobs.
- Assist PWM, Engineers, and Project Managers identify and develop material take-offs and Bills of Material using engineering drawings and contract specifications.
- Pick up and deliver to the shipyard approved parts and supplies from local vendors.
- Order office and kitchen supplies and maintain accurate inventory of these items.
- Assist the Accounts Payable associate with the loading of documentation recording contracts and payments to vendors.
- Assist with the matching, correcting, and entry of invoices for payment.
- Keep track of receipts made with corporate purchasing card.
- Perform additional assignments as directed.
- 2-3 years of purchasing experience is preferred
- Ability to analyze technical data
- Multi-task oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to understand payment documents, purchase orders and invoices and have a good understanding of the supply chain management
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record for operating Company vehicles
- Must be capable of safely lifting packages and parts weighting up to 50 lbs.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, vacation time, sick time and company paid holidays.
Upload cover letter and resume with salary requirements here:
Apply by Mail
Submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
The Great Lakes Towing Company
4500 Division Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102
Candidates must be able to pass background check and have E-verify authorization.
The Great Lakes Group is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; M/F/V/D.