The Great Lakes Towing Company is seeking a Manual Machinist for its machine shop division, Plotz Machine. The Manual Machinist sets up and operates a variety of machines such as lathes, mills, and grinders to fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments and equipment. This opportunity is open for part-time and full-time
- Sets up and operates various machines, but not limited lathes, mills, saws, and drill presses
- Inspects and verifies conformance to specifications on first article machined parts
- Monitors the machining process; measures parts during fabrication operations and adjust settings and operations to ensure product conformance to all applicable specifications
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspections on assigned machines and performs routine maintenance tasks on the equipment
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a manual machinist in an industrial environment
- Must have prior experience working with manual lathes, milling machines, vtl, and boring mills.
- Must have prior experience working with grinder sand drill presses
- Must be able to read blueprints and reverse engineer parts from samples
- Ability to use precision tools to take accurate measurements
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Must have a good driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent; advanced education or vocational training a plus
- Must provide your own tools
Minimum Work Environment Requirements
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided by the Company appropriate to job duties
- Be fit for a respirator
- Carry up to 50 pounds
- Repetitive bending, twisting, kneeling, and reaching
- Exposure to loud noises
- Work overtime and weekends as needed to meet production demands
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, vacation time, sick time and company paid holidays.
How to Apply
Submit your application online or print and email or mail in by visiting our Careers page.