International Experience & American Craftsmanship
Great Lakes Shipyard and B.V. Scheepswerf Damen Gorinchem (Damen) have entered into a five-year partnership authorizing Great Lakes Shipyard as an official builder of Damen designs. Great Lakes Shipyard will now offer the best of both worlds, the wide range and international experience of Damen designs, and American craftsmanship from a high quality U.S. builder. This combination creates the perfect environment for further development of proven designs to establish Great Lakes Shipyard’s Damen Series, a collection of marine products for the following markets:
- Harbor & Terminal: Towage and ship assist services such as Stan Tugs, launches, pilots and boats and Harbor Services such as work barges, skimmers, dredgers, and high-speed craft.
- Offshore: Fast crew suppliers and sophisticated state-of-the-art deep sea anchor handlers.
- Offshore Wind: Wind farm support vessels, fast crew boats, shoalbusters and wind farm maintenance barges.
- Defense & Security: The full range of security and patrol vessels, such as Interceptors and Stan Patrols to amphibious support ships and naval auxiliaries.
- Public Transport: Ferries, water taxis, and water buses, and double ended.
- Fishing: Trawlers and Research Vessels.
- Pontoons & Barges: Truckable products, custom pontoons, multi-purpose and submersibles, and crane and specialty barges.
Great Lakes Shipyard’s Damen Series is designed by Damen, proudly built by Great Lakes Shipyard, and made in the U.S.A. The agreement also provides for Damen technical services, including experienced personnel for onsite management and supervision on any and all construction projects. Now, all of the technology and know-how of Damen, including drawings, specifications and design information, is at the fingertips of Great Lakes Shipyard for the benefit of their customers in the United States.
Built to Last
If you can dream it, we can build it. Together, we bring your vision to life by following a comprehensive process that ensures your fabrication project is customized to fit your needs and is built to exceed your expectations.
Request a Design Consultation Appointment & Quote
Damen Shipyards Group (est. 1927) operates more than 45 shipyards, repair yards and related companies worldwide. Damen employs over 6,000 people in 34 countries, has delivered over 5,000 vessels since 1969 and delivers up to 150 vessels annually. Based on its unique, standardized ship-design concept and short delivery times, Damen is able to guarantee consistent quality.
Damen’s focus on standardization and modular construction leads to short delivery times (Damen keeps vessels in stock), low ‘total cost of ownership’, high resale value, proven technology and reliable performance. Damen offers a wide range of products, including: tugs, workboats, patrol vessels, high speed craft, cargo vessels, dredgers, offshore support vessels, oil-spill response vessels and even frigates and super yachts. For nearly all vessel types Damen offers a broad range of Services, such as Lifecycle Maintenance Services, Customer Finance, Training and transfer of (shipbuilding) knowledge. In addition to shipbuilding, Damen Shiprepair & Conversion offers a network of 12 ship repair & conversion yards worldwide, most of which are conveniently located along the North Sea coast from Brest (France) to Gothenburg (Sweden). Damen Shiprepair & Conversion operates more than 25 drydocks, graven docks and covered drydocks and offers onsite/onboard repair services. Conversion projects range from refitting small fishing vessels into private yachts to the complete conversion or rebuilding of large jack-up rigs.