Archive for the ‘Blog’ Category
Must have the ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posting a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others.
Position Requirements Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares parts for blasting by performing inspection for oil, grease or other contaminants.
- Operates sandblasting equipment to apply various abrasives to clean, remove corrosion or other contaminants on materials. May operate blasting equipment in booth or walk-in cabinet.
- Blasts coatings off ship hull and tanks to prepare steel surfaces for painting.
- Mixes colors or oils to obtain desired color or consistency
- Performs surface prop on tanks, shipboard piping systems, interior and exterior surface areas utilizing grinders and sandblasters.
- Preps, taps, brushes, rolls and sprays using either conventional or airless sprayers.
- Maintains sandblasting and other painting equipment: hoses, pumps, pressure tanks, spray guns and tips.
Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Necessary proficiency with abrasive blasting, Airless and HVLP painting, including required environmental precautions and laws
- NACE or SSPC-QP-1 paint inspector certified
- Must be proficient with all required: DFT, WFT, Humidity, Soluble Salts, Anchor Profile and Dew Point readings and associated documentation
- Must have a through working knowledge of marine coating application and surface preparation for various surfaces; various types of spray painting machines and equipment used in coating application.
- Prefer marine experience but not required
Minimum Work Environment Requirements
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to current or daily job duties.
- Be fit for a respirator.
- Carry up to 50 pounds.
- Constantly climb stairs and ladders on daily basis.
- Access confined spaces.
- Bend, twist, kneel, and reach constantly.
- Endure noise, fumes, dust and inclement weather.
- Work overtime and weekends as needed to meet production demands.
The first ninety (90) days of employment will be an introductory period including on the job training. Successful completion of the introductory period is required for continued employment.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, vacation time, sick time and company paid holidays.
Upload cover letter and resume with salary requirements here:
Apply by Mail
Submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
The Great Lakes Towing Company
4500 Division Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102
Candidates must be able to pass background check and have E-verify authorization.
The Great Lakes Group is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; M/F/V/D.-->