Marine Traffic & Operations Assistant
The Marine Traffic & Operations Assistant is responsible for dispatching towing vessels with appropriate crew members, on time, and per customer specifications.
Operations Center Duties:
- Schedules and coordinates flow of work based on customer orders, establishes priorities and availability of personnel, equipment and resources;
- Ensure tugs are properly crewed and operated;
- Develop and monitor procedures and programs to track company and crew activities;
- Maintain the Daily Towing Forecast;
- Maintain Daily Log in a professional and complete manner;
- Track Great Lakes cargo vessel traffic;
- Communicate with Customer/agents;
- Research, preparation and distribution of weekly forecast;
- Execute Work Rules for tug crews in accordance with their respective Labor Agreements;
- Carry out and complete any assignments assigned by Supervisor;
- Coordinate chemical testing of individuals as required;
- Notify designated individuals of significant events occurring during shifts;
- Assignment to special projects as necessary.
Operations Department Duties:
- Daily supervision and operation of Company tug fleet including union relations, tracking personnel qualifications, hiring and training of personnel, respond to company problems and emergencies on a 24-hour per day basis;
- Management of crews for repair & maintenance of company tugs, in addition to assigned towing;
- Servicing company customers;
- Identify and develop new business opportunities;
- Continue to develop & implement policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Computer Skills: MS Office Software Suite; Internet-based networking;
- Knowledge of Local and Federal regulations pertinent to the tugboat and towing industry;
- General knowledge of tug maintenance systems and equipment;
- Ability to deal with others using courtesy, tact, and good judgment;
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive communications;
- Ability to understand and execute complex oral and written instructions;
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no guidance;
- Safe and efficient operation of Company tugs;
- Effective utilization of company assets;
- Customer satisfaction;
- Employee feedback on scheduling, courtesy and communications;
- Accuracy of prepared paperwork and files.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, vacation time, sick time and company paid holidays.
How to Apply
Submit your application online or print and email or mail in by visiting our Careers page.-->