Winter layup season is wrapping up at Great Lakes Shipyard. Repair work took place on the following vessels:
– American Steamship Company’s M/V SAM LAUD,
– Grand River Navigation’s M/V MANITOWOC,
– Interlake Steamship Company’s articulated tug-barge DOROTHY ANN and PATHFINDER,
– McKeil Marine’s Tug LEONARD M and Barge HURON SPIRIT, and
– Ryba Marine’s tug KATHY LYNN and Barge OBE 185.
The vessels were berthed in the yard for planned repairs and routine maintenance, as well as various inspections and miscellaneous renewals. The brutal winter made the effort a real challenge, but all work was completed safely, promptly and in a quality manner.
Great Lakes Shipyard also completed industrial maintenance and winter repairs at Cleveland Bulk Terminal. That work included rebuilding one of the facility’s field conveyor hoppers. Carmeuse Lime & Stone operates the Port-owned Cleveland Bulk Terminal, handling iron ore and limestone that arrive by ship from other Great Lakes ports.
View photos and videos of the work in our Winter Work Gallery.