WIRE-Net is a non-profit economic development organization dedicated to improving the community through nurturing manufacturing and the jobs and prosperity that come with it. WIRE-Net asked Great Lakes Shipyard to host this networking event due to the recent completion of an expansion project at the Shipyard totaling $11.345 million.
Enjoy a few appetizers and cocktails as you explore the site and enjoy some quality networking time.
- Wednesday, July 16, 2014
- 5:30 to 7:30 PM
The Great Lakes Towing Company
4500 Division Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102
Download directions here
- SAVE $5 NOW!
- Register by July 9, 2014
- $30 WIRE-Net Members
- $50 Non Members
- After July 9th
- $35 WIRE-Net Members
- $55 Non Members
WIRE-Net is a non-profit economic development organization dedicated to improving the community through nurturing manufacturing and the jobs and prosperity that come with it. WIRE-Net is a problem solver. It works as a consultant, collaborator, referral source and hands-on provider in workforce development, growth and operational improvement initiatives, peer to peer and expert knowledge sharing, supply chain development, governmental assistance programs and urban redevelopment.
WIRE-Net Mission Builder Award Recipient
WIRE-Net selected The Great Lakes Towing Company and Great Lakes Shipyard to receive this year’s Mission Builder Award, chosen for investing in Northeast Ohio through plant expansion, job creation, or new business growth. The Company was recognized at WIRE-Net’s Mission Builder Awards during their 25th Anniversary Annual Meeting. WIRE-Net is a Cleveland, Ohio company whose mission is to strengthen manufacturing to create healthy communities and fuel economic growth by providing support for manufacturing improvement and human resource management, training and education.
About the Expansion
- Land acquisition (now totaling 7.26 acres with a potential additional 8.97 acres
- Environmental land remediation
- Bulkheading (1,776 lineal feet)
- Ground stabilization
- Construction of a new headquarters building (7,768 square feet)
- Construction of a new indoor stat-of-the-art shipyard facility (10,917 square feet)
- Construction of a concrete reinforced slip
- Acquisition and installation of a 770-ton mobile Travelift
- Construction of a new 68 foot high temporary shipyard facility (10,500 square feet