- Age: 23
- Hometown: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Residence: West Palm Beach, Florida (working remotely)
- Hobbies: Scuba diving, reading, ocean conservation, being a beach bum
- Experience in Marketing: This is a new experience!
- Passion for Maritime: “I grew up around boats/ the water and with a passion for ocean conservation. Working for a maritime company, I am able to connect the two.”
Academic Institute: Palm Beach Atlantic University
Degree: International Business, senior
This is her sixth and final semester at Palm Beach Atlantic University pursuing her Bachelors Degree in International Business. This degree requires courses in international marketing, management, finance, accounting, and business statistics, as well as leadership and ethics and cultural issues in international business. Prior to attending Palm Beach Atlantic University, she spent four semesters at Belhaven University studying English with an emphasis on publication, as well as studying classical ballet education.
With most of her work in the hospitality industry, she has worked in all areas of restaurant operations. This also includes a two semester internship with The Walt Disney Company in Orlando, Florida working in food services.
- All functions of Microsoft Office
- In depth studies of different cultures and their workings
- How to deal with international work environments
- Customer relations and communication
“Pursuing International Business was a hard choice for me. But after 6 semester I have learned that the degree can be used to help others and the environment – my two greatest passions. Doing this internship with Great Lakes allows me to get my first real experience with the business side of a company and peek inside every operation, not just marketing.”