The Great Lakes Group today announced that Ronald C. Rasmus will retire effective November 30, 2016 as an Officer of The Great Lakes Group Inc. and Great Lakes Group Entities namely:
- President, The Great Lakes Group Inc.
- Co-Chairman, 4500 Division LLC
- Co-Chairman, The Great Lakes Towing Company
- Director, The Great Lakes Towing Company
- Director, Soo Linehandling Services, Inc.
- Chairman, Soo Linehandling Services, Inc.
- President, Admiral Towing and Barge Company
Rasmus will continue as a shareholder, member of the board and an independent consultant to The Company to ensure a seamless transition. He worked for over sixty-one (61) years, fifty-six (56) in the Navy, government and commercial maritime businesses and with almost thirty-four (34) years in the tugboat/shipyard business at The Great Lakes Group Inc. and Great Lakes Group Entities. He will retire with a legacy of great accomplishments at The Company and the beginning of a new chapter for The Company including the Damen partnership; tugboat fleet renewal program; off-shore wind project; Subchapter M repair opportunities and the shipyard expansion.