The Great Lakes Towing Company/Great Lakes Shipyard is seeking an on-site Project Engineer for its Shipyard located in Cleveland, Ohio. This position is an excellent career and promotional opportunity for someone with a marine engineering or design experience or educational background.
- The Project Engineer reports to the VP of Engineering and works with other project management personnel as necessary to take a leading role in the performance of any production support functions, including vessel design and marine engineering. Additional responsibilities involve estimating, planning, scheduling, logistics, safety, purchasing, material controls, interpretation of drawings and specs, change orders, and more. This position involves solving problems and helping to ensure that projects are completed in a quality manner, in accordance with contract specifications, on time, and within budget.
- The Project Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support, as directed, for the development of estimates, progress monitoring and tracking, and budget adherence for all construction and maintenance & repair projects, government & commercial contracts, and routine fleet engineering programs or such other projects as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities include multiple and varied engineering-related assignments, as directed. Assignments may require travel or supervision of work aboard tugs or other vessels. However, the position is shoreside and based in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Computer-based engineering duties include the use of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Rhino 3D, and GHS. Additionally, utilization of ShipConstructor and the Company’s job cost and purchasing software system, after completion of the training provided, is required.
- The Project Engineer must maintain a working knowledge of USCG Regulations and ABS Rules, and work with the USCG Inspectors, ABS Surveyors, and others as required to meet all classification, quality, safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Must have a background in marine engineering or marine design.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to daily job duties;
- Carry up to 50 pounds;
- Repetitive climbing stairs and ladders;
- Repetitive bending, twisting, kneeling, and reaching;
- Stand constantly;
- Exposure to loud noise daily;
- Access confined spaces;
- Work outdoors year-round.
The Great Lakes Towing Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities