Great Lakes Shipyard has been awarded a contract for the United States Geological Survey R/V KIYI. The research vessel was hauled out using the 770-ton capacity Marine Travelift at Great Lakes Shipyard. The repair contract that started on September 5, 2014 includes:
- Routine Repairs & Maintenance
- ABS Five-Year Survey & Inspection for Load Line
- Clean & Paint Underwater Hull, Decks & Superstructure
- Overhaul Main Engines & Generators
- Maintenance of Propulsion & Steering Systems
- Modify Exhaust Stacks & Perform Major Acoustic Modifications
This will be the fourth time that KIYI was drydocked at Great Lakes Shipyard. In 2004 and 2009, KIYI was hauled out for a Five-Year Survey and Inspection. Then in 2010 Great Lakes Shipyard installed a new anchor pocket.